No products in the cart.
Winter is coming to an end and spring is just around the corner. From sweatpants to shorts and from sweaters to t-shirts, your clothing style gets comparatively more revealing as the weather gets hot. Skipping SPF is out of question now and it is about time you get yourself the best sunscreen for 2020.
You must apply sunscreen ritually even when you are at home, not just at the beach or when heading outside. Using the best sunscreen and following a proper method of application is not enough. Following a proper timeline is also essential for your SPF to be the most effective.
If you are lacking some basic information regarding sunscreen, keep reading because we have got it all covered for you!
How to Find the Best Sunscreen for 2020
• For daily use, get a sunscreen with at least SPF 15 to 30. Also, make sure your sunscreen is broad spectrum, i.e. it protects your skin from both UV-A and UV-B rays.
• If you are heading to the beach for swimming, make sure you buy a water-resistant sunscreen.
• Buy a water-based sunscreen if your skin is acne-prone or oily.
• If your skin is sensitive and easily irritated, do not buy a sunscreen with fragrance, alcohol or any other irritants. It is advised to always read the ingredients list before you make your
purchase. For daily use, you can check out our EXTRASHADE daily defense hydrating sunscreen which is perfectly suitable for all skin types.
Timeline for Applying Sunscreen
• Firstly, you need to understand that limiting the use of sunscreen to summers is not right. Whether the sun is out or covered up by the clouds, UV rays are not blocked out completely.
Therefore, make a habit of using a sunblock on a daily basis for maximum sun protection.
• For daily wear, make sure you apply your sunscreen 30 minutes before you head out in the sun. This will not only give your skin some time to absorb the formula properly but will also be
effective for a longer duration.
• Reapply sunscreen after every two hours, especially if you are out and about.
• If you are on the beach and going for swim, reapply your sunscreen after being in the water for an hour. No sunscreen is resistant to water for more than 40 to 80 minutes. Therefore, better
safe than sorry!
Correct Way to Apply Sunscreen on Face and Body
• Before you start applying, shake it well so that there are no clumps of particles and the formula is well-mixed.
• The correct way to apply sunscreen on face daily is to make sure your skin is properly cleansed. Then, apply the sunblock thickly and evenly on the face, neck and ears. Do not forget to
apply it around your eyes as well.
• Be generous while applying SPF. Use a handful for covering your body properly. If you are using a spray-on, apply until you see a visible and even sheen on your entire skin.
• For making the most out of your sunscreen, always read the directions given on it and follow accordingly.