No products in the cart.
You might be surprised to learn that the simple act of laughing every now and then can do wonders for your health, both emotionally and physically. Everyone enjoys a good laugh, it’s a great way to make you feel good and be happy. Here are 10 facts about laughing for you to enjoy!
- It has been seen that there is a considerable drop in the levels of stress hormones after a good laughing session. By altering the levels of cortisol in our body, laughing, lowers our levels of stress and fight off things that may be harmful to us.
- A heavy laughter brings in much more oxygen to the lungs than normal breathing would do. Laughter causes positive changes in brain chemistry by releasing endorphins, and it brings more oxygen into the body with the deeper inhalations
- Laughter reduces the risk of heart diseases!
- Fifteen minutes of laughing a day can make you lose weight. Laughing raises both our energy expenditure and heart rate by about 10 percent to 20 percent. For every fifteen minutes of laughing we can burn up to 40 calories.
- In groups, women laugh more than men. Women also laugh more at men more than men laugh at women
- A child of the age of six years laughs about three times more than an adult.
- The average person laughs about thirteen times in a single day.
- It has been scientifically proven that laughter can be contagious. We laugh up to 30 times more when we are in the company of others than when we are by ourselves.
- Laughing is good for your relationships. Research have shown that couples who use laughter and smile when discussing a sensitive subject feel better in the immediacy and report higher levels of satisfaction in their relationship.
- Laughter is attractive; a personal ads study found that both men and women specified a sense of humor more frequently than intelligence, education, profession or sexual drive.
Laugh each and every day it may be your best medicine. What do you think about laughter?