Sun Protection Tipsadmin
SUN PROTECTION TIPS
- All individuals with rich complexions should use sunscreen daily
- Always apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you’re exposed to the sun to allow your skin to absorb the product and create a protective shield.
- Use sunscreen generously on all exposed skin—face, neck and hands. Apply at least a shot-glass full (about one ounce).
- Store sunscreen away from the sun and heat to prevent spoiling.
- Reapply it after vigorous exercise or swimming even if the product is labeled “water resistant”.
- Take note of expiration dates. If a bottle does not have an expiration date, discard after one year.
- Sunscreen in foundation wears off after only a couple of hours so it’s best to apply sunscreen separately, under makeup, or in moisturizers.
- Wear a broad brimmed hat and sunglasses that specify 95% or greater UVR (ultraviolet radiation) absorption. Wear protective, tightly woven clothing.
- Reapply sunscreen frequently, especially if it is sunny or you are perspiring heavily.
- Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB coverage and at least a SPF 30 on all exposed skin, including the lips – even on cloudy days. If exposed to water, either through swimming or sweating, a water-resistant sunscreen should be used.