Sun Protection Tips
- All individuals with rich complexions should use sunscreen daily
- Always apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you’re exposed to the sun to allow your skin to absorb the product and create a protective shield.
- Use sunscreen generously on all exposed skin—face, neck and hands. Apply at least a shot-glass full (about one ounce).
- Store sunscreen away from the sun and heat to prevent spoiling.
- Reapply it after vigorous exercise or swimming even if the product is labeled “water resistant”.
- Take note of expiration dates. If a bottle does not have an expiration date, discard after one year.
- Sunscreen in foundation wears off after only a couple of hours so it’s best to apply sunscreen separately, under makeup, or in moisturizers.
- Wear a broad brimmed hat and sunglasses that specify 95% or greater UVR (ultraviolet radiation) absorption. Wear protective, tightly woven clothing.
- Reapply sunscreen frequently, especially if it is sunny or you are perspiring heavily.
- Always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with UVA and UVB coverage and at least a SPF 30 on all exposed skin, including the lips – even on cloudy days. If exposed to water, either through swimming or sweating, a water-resistant sunscreen should be used.
EXTRASHADE Daily Defense Hydrating Lotion SPF 30
Specially formulated for olive to ebony skin tones, EXTRASHADE Daily Defense Hydrating Lotion SPF30 nourishes dry lifeless skin while protecting against UVA & UVB Rays without leaving a messy white chalky residue!
In effect, EXTRASHADE Daily Defense Hydrating Lotion SPF30 exchanged the chalky white residue for an invisible nourishing daily lotion capable of protecting your skin from free radicals, fine lines and dry ashy skin. This invisible formula is Gentle and Lightweight; perfect as a makeup base yet potent enough to shield your skin from UVB and UVA Rays!