Are you dark skinned? Here are 7 reasons why you shouldn’t bleach or lighten your skinadmin
Sad to know that most people actually believe that lightening or bleaching their skin will make them look more beautiful, won’t blame them though. The big cosmetic companies through the media has brainwashed so many, most especially women into believing that looking lighter is more preferable and appealing.
There is a huge growth for the demand of skin bleaching products among women with darker skin types because they hate the skin they’re in and believes that bleaching their skin to become lighter is the way to happiness.
According to most people they make the decision to include bleaching as part of their beauty routine to conform to societal traditional beauty standards. The purpose is to be accepted and embraced. However, most never take the time to learn about the implications or side effects of bleaching or lightening the skin.
Lightening agents are meant to be used on small areas, not the entire body. Most cosmetic surgeons said they would encourage patients to lighten only a small skin lesion or a specific dark mark that will help to affect an improvement on their overall appearance.
Skin bleaching may result in health problems when people use it on their entire body to change their complexion. These whitening creams are full of dangerous chemicals that could lead to a terminal illness, such as skin cancer.
So here are 7 reasons you should consider before using any skin bleaching or lightening cream to change your complexion.
- The active ingredient in some skin lighteners is mercury, so bleaching can lead to mercury poisoning.
- The prolonged use of these creams can lead to premature aging of the skin.
- Steriods present in some of these skin lightening and bleaching creams can increase the risk of skin infections, skin thinning, acne and poor wound healing.
- When using these creams it leads to increased risk of skin cancer from sun exposure, because the ingredients present in these creams kills or weakens the skins natural ability to protect against UV damage.
- If applied abundantly, the cosmetics can also cause high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Pregnant women who use a skin lightener with mercury can pass the mercury to their unborn child
- Worse of all, bleaching causes psychiatric disorders, severe birth defects, asthma and liver damage.
Healthy skin is happiness. Love your skin, pamper it, nourish it and you will be the most beautiful. When you expose your skin to UVA and UVB light, your body produces melanin which makes your skin appear darker. Therefore, the number one most important thing you can do to lighten your skin is to wear sunscreen every day you’ll be outdoors, even when it’s not super-hot or sunny
If you choose to use a lightening agent on small areas of your body such as brown spots, always use sunscreen when using a skin lightener. Your treatment will NOT be of much use if you’re not willing to apply a broad spectrum sunscreen every day of the year.