No products in the cart.
Love! The lubricant that keeps the heart running, some are praying for it, some just can’t get enough of it. Let’s agree on one thing, no matter how heartless one may be, there’s just something about being cared for and loved by another person (nope, we are not referring to your family nor pet). So you may think you have it all in the sac when it comes to getting advances from the opposite sex; awesome personality and all but have you ever thought your love-life may boom if you had an awesome skin? If you answered no, then lucky you, welcome aboard. Here are five ways a healthy skin can improve your dating game:
- IMPROVED CONFIDENCE: There’s nothing more appealing like a confident guy (hey, Johnny Bravo not included) or girl. I’m not referring to the size of his or her bank account because you could be as wealthy as Rockefeller and yet not be comfortable in your own skin. Your dating game is most likely to be impaired if you have skin problems you actually have control over (I can hear the Powerpuff girls screaming “eeew cooties!”). It can be quite traumatizing having skin problems, making one feel unattractive. It just piles up the insecurities like tetras. One look at the mirror and even the mirror shrieks in fear of the frightful face staring at it but you don’t want this, I believe. You having that smooth and radiant skin will make your date appreciate you, show you off and compliment you. Though having a healthy skin takes serious commitment, yet a healthy diet, rest, good skin care products and effective sun protection habits is just enough. A healthy skin is not only good for your dating game but good for your life in general, no one wants a vampire relationship (Definitely not referring to getting your blood sucked but referring to nocturnal rendezvous just because you can’t show off your partner).
- INCREASED SEX APPEAL: A healthy skin in company with other traits such as sense of humor, charisma, and confidence, automatically makes you more attractive. As a lady you get more approached and as a guy even though you might not get approached as much as the ladies, women will be more receptive to your advances. And this is because we are all still guilty of judging a book by its cover (skin), even when we were told not to. Let’s also take a look at this scenarios doing the same with someone with a dry skin ridiculed with spots and freckles, gives you the creeps yea? Having a well moisturized skin will help prevent blemishes and wrinkles, and touching such a soft radiant skin will electrify your senses and make you magnanimous with kisses and affection in relation to that person.
- AWESOME SELFIE GAME: In the world of today, especially with the advent of technology which has forever revolutionized the dating game via social media, people meet people from all corners of the globe and you pretty much will need a fresh, healthy looking skin to bag a big fish with selfies dominating the online dating scene these days. Although some folks edit their images, filter upon filter; this can only fool people temporarily as long as they never get to meet you in person. Your dating game will soar super high if you take good care of your skin, posting pictures online with little or no editing. You’ll be confident to take pictures with your date and you will have no sense of guilt when an attractive guy or lady asks “Is that really you?”. At least, save yourself the embarrassment of explaining how your profile image was a ten and your face in reality is around the acidic pH (1.0-3.0). Having a smooth and radiant skin will not only attract people to your profile, girls or guys will want to be associated with you. Hey! Maybe you could even make something out of giving people beauty tips on getting that elusive beautiful skin.
- LESS REJECTION: “Mr. or Miss XYZ, I’m sorry, you are not my type”. Sounds familiar? Often times, physical beauty or attractiveness is the real reason why many people get rejected apart from personality related reasons and fantasies of one’s projected dream man or woman. And let me ask, what’s beauty without a healthy radiant skin? A healthy skin is an integral part of physical attractiveness. Ever been in a scenario whereby you were asked out by someone decent, obviously not your type but you were tempted to give such a person a chance just because you were attracted to the smooth, radiant skin of such a person? If you have, more often than not, you accepted the advances because the allure of a beautiful skin is so tempting and difficult to say no to.
- YOU BECOME THE SUITABLE MATE: The role nature plays in picking the suitable mate cannot be overemphasized. Women want taller men because it subconsciously makes them feel protected, makes men look dominant and secures a future for their progeny, who they want to be tall and strong. Women also don’t just love money just so because they can acquire all things luxury; a wealthy man offers provision for her and her future children. Now to the guys, we were not just designed to love women with curvy features; wide hips has always been a sign of fertility in women, same with attractive body shape, and full healthy hair is a sign of femininity and vitality, the same way we want intelligent women because they determine the IQ of our children. The skin is not left out here; both sexes want partners with beautiful skin as this is not only a sign of healthiness, but this important trait can also be conferred unto their children. So how do you achieve that youthful skin? I will say, eat good food, rest well, protect your skin from excessive sun exposure and use sunscreen all year round. Take home fact: Sunscreen slows down aging by 24%.
Disclaimer: So it might seem like we’re totally against people with skin conditions, but this is not the case. Some skin conditions are genetic, thus what we’re really advocating for is that you control what you can, strive on getting a healthy skin, effectively manage hereditary skin conditions, and ultimately love yourself so you can have an awesome dating experience. Cheers!